||Tec Diver Level 1 is your introduction to Technical Diving.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or equivalent)
- Certified as a PADI Deep Diver (or equivalent) OR have 20 logged dives deeper than 100’
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives – of which 10 were made using Nitrox, 12 dives that were deeper than 60’ and at least 6 dives deeper than 100’.
||Each section of the course will require 3-4 days of diving (including pool and open water sessions), 2-3 academic sessions, and 2 or more equipment configuration sessions.
||You’ll learn to make gas switch, extended no-decompression dives using air and enriched air to 40 metres/130 feet. You’ll also prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Since it’s part of the Tec Deep Diver course, you DSAT Tec Diver Level 1 course training credits toward the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
||Each diver will be required to have a complete set of personal dive equipment, including:
- Double cylinders with isolator manifold
- Primary & secondary regulators for doubles
- One with a seven foot hose for air sharing
- One with an SPG
- 2- Stage/deco cylinders with regulator, spg and staging kit – properly labeled
- Back-up deco gas as required
- BC, back plate & harness (dual bladder or dual wings unless drysuit diving)
- Dive computer (single or multi-gas),and back-up computer or timer & depth gauge
- Back-up decompression information – computer, dive tables, etc.
- Exposure protection – dry suit use requires prior experience in its use
- Weight system (if needed)
- Lights as necessary, including primary and backup
- Jon line (for current diving environments)
- Safety reel
- 2-Slates, ( 1 wrist type)
- Z-knife and back-up cutting device
- Spare clips, pull-ties, tank wrap bands & other rigging accessories
- Back-up mask (optional)
- Lift bag (100lbs min)
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT CONSIDERATIONSEquipment provided by Jeff includes:
- Computer with decompression software
- Oxygen analyzer
- Emergency Oxygen & first aid kit
- Contents labels
- Forms & support materials
Divers will read the appropriate section of their TecRec manual and answer the Knowledge Reviews prior to the practical application portion. A score of 80% is required on all exams.
||Perhaps more so than any other class, the Deep Tec program requires dedication and advance preparation by the student.
- Start reading the DSAT Tec Deep diver manual. Complete the knowledge reviews at the conclusion of each chapter. The Tec 1 course will cover chapters 1-7.
- Review the equipment list earlier in this document and begin taking care of any equipment needs for the course. Please note: it is highly recommended that you consult with your shop personnel for specific guidance in making the appropriate equipment selections/decisions.
- Email Jeff or give him a call and get started.
A deposit of $200 per diver is required to reserve a space in this program.All dives must be completed to the Instructor’s satisfaction. The Instructor reserves the right to require further training and can refuse to issue a certification card if the students performance
||8/17/2007, 8/18/2007, 8/19/2007, 8/25/2007